Your Wedding in Sri Lanka
Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday..
More and more people are after richer travel and holiday experiences. Our adventures do exactly this; in essence they take you to unfamiliar places, to enjoy new experiences and meet the people in destination without the hassle and risks of organising the trip yourself.
Wedding ceremony will take place at a Hotel and subject to following terms & conditions.
- The couple should hold a minimum period of residency at the hotel of 4 days prior to the date of the ceremony.
- The wedding will take place in the hotel premises and it will be conducted by the master of ceremonies at any day between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. except on Sundays and public holidays.
- No one under 21 years of age is permitted to marry in Sri Lanka as according to Government regulations.
- Photocopies of Birth Certificates of the couple.
- If divorced or widowed, Certificate of Divorce or Death Certificate.
- Photocopies of Passports.
The above should reach the hotel 30 days prior to the date of ceremony. The originals of above documents will have to be produced to the respective hotel at least 4 days prior to the ceremony. The necessary Marriage Certificate and Ministry’s approval with English translation will be delivered to the client within 14 working days after the ceremony.
- An elevated and decorated wedding platform called a “Poruwa” on which the couple remains standing during the ceremony.
- Sri Lankan wedding dress and jewellery (these should be returned at the end of the ceremony).
- Flower bouquet for the bride and button holder for the groom.
- Floral decoration in the ceremony area.
- Two tier wedding cake (200g Edible cake).
- Traditional Kandyan Drummers and dancers to perform during the ceremony.
- A beautiful wedding album holding 20 photographs of the ceremony. (9 cm x12 cm).
- Sparkling wine
- A basket of fruits and flowers will be kept in the room (on arrival).
- The couple will be upgraded to a suite room on availability basis.(only on the day of the
- A Gala Lobster Dinner on the day of wedding.
- A group of Sri Lankan girls dressed in “Lama Saree” to sing “Jayamangala Gatha” to
invoke blessings for the couple during the ceremony.
- Elephant ride at the end of the ceremony (15 minutes).